Friday, November 19, 2010

Post-traumatic Hydroceles

Recovering a swarm in September 2010


What joy when the Treasurer union Apinord Douai suggests I go back a nice swarm Erchin. We go there 2 September 2010. This is the first time I see a beautiful swarm with 8 large patties. In this particular case, we need to get the most out of cakes to reconstruct the hive, the bees' habitat. As late in the season, they will indeed be able to develop the colony, we must gather their stuff as much food and get the queen. I am in Warri, so I prepared for the occasion frameworks appropriate to the size of the hive to place pieces of cake pieces sens.Ces respecting the slab are held in the frames by the string and tacks. Thus we come to fill the 8 frames of a hive element.
Although bees fall in quantity in the hive, we are not persuaded that the queen is, in, fact, the wooden crosses on which was attached slabs is hollow. The queen is timid by nature, there is reason to apprehend that it is hidden. Smoke does not allow us to get her out.
in doubt, we put the hive on the wooden tie
The next day, recovering the hive, I hope, bees are good for the vast majority returned to the hive.


After installation in the apiary on September 3, I search unsuccessfully reine.Le September 18, I see the presence of 3 cells royal newly created by the workers including a partially open with a queen about to leave. Hope is reborn, but it is now that this virgin queen is fertilized. And here I make the checks on 30 September and 9 October to allow me to see the queen but not laying. It is not fertilized and the reproductive system atrophy expected in winter and it would have no chance of being fertilized in the spring. Leave the hive in the state is ending up with a hive orphan. The heavy heart, I therefore decided to use the bees to build another hive.

0 comments:

Post a Comment