Saturday, November 20, 2010

Poem For Money Shower

Construction hives Warri

When I decided to start my own beekeeping, I found the hive warrants in the journal of the 4 seasons organic garden. Further research on the Net 've been to discover the site of Gilles Denis, professional beekeeper. I bought his book is a compendium of all his knowledge, his tips in the hive Warri. So I embarked on the construction of my hives on its indications.Je can only recommend his book accessible to any newcomer to both the construction portion of the hives for the driving part of the apiary.
is the link of his site:
http://www.ruche-warre.com/

Tricks personal

a barrette, or frame radius:
Knowing that beehive behavior warrants, the idea is not to use wax embossed on frames, we let the bees build their cells guiding them.
After use, I removed the bar to focus the beam, in fact, it happens on bars that bees do not follow the onset of wax, which can be annoying to inspect the items containing the brood. By cons for items destined to the production of honey, this is not a problem. Anyway I decided to generalize rays and occasionally use the frameworks when recovering from a swarm of pancakes.

Achieving rays require a little more work. 8 rays per element or 32 spokes for a hive of 4 elements. Depending on the number of hives and produce identical radii, it is interesting to create a template. I designed a simple: a plate, a stop and nails. I can post a photo on this blog if necessary.

2 Shooting cord wax cord
For wax, I use two pieces of flat iron (Stainless steel or aluminum) 2 mm thick at a minimum that I positioned on the radius side of the future cord. Before that, he must move from the liquid paraffin on the fields of flat steel in contact with the liquid wax (frequency every 2 to 3 cords). It is not necessary to make a notch in advance in the radius, the hot wax will adhere sufficiently to the wood (In any case, the bees will destroy the cord when making cells). In my case, I got an epilator wax preparation sink with hot wax. Run hot wax between the two flat bars with a small spoon to scrape the excess wax and remove the flat irons. This cord can be made before or after assembly of the radius.


Link 3 floor - element: With
ray bike recovery, it is possible to make the connecting part between the floor and the element. The elasticity of the radius of cycling is sufficient for effective liaison. Apart from keeping the loop on one of the screws, the radius of bike is formatted situation.
Some might say: this is a ridiculous economy ... but it is above all fun to do by yourself.



My hives are red, I use a homemade natural paint, as soon as possible I give the recipe

0 comments:

Post a Comment